Below is a detailed schedule for fun in-person group ride options plus event details for the last day. If you think you might be interested in joining us for any rides or last day party please email us to RSVP! Last day party RSVP’s will be collected soon.
Sierra Cycle Challenge begins! Start tracking your miles.
Join Matthew Hall at 9 a.m. at the Green Church Road.
Details from Matthew: “I hope to see everyone at 9am on Tuesday at the Green Church! We’ll be riding an out-and-back to Waterson Divide and back (30 mi) on Benton Crossing Road. Conversation-pace so we can get to know one another and swap some good stories! See you then!”
Join Barb Bemis for a mostly Cross Country Mountain Bike Race with SEMBA. This event is free to enter and should be tons of fun! Meet at 4:45pm at Mammoth Mountain for registration and a 5pm race start.
Join Laura Beardsley for a Road Bike Group ride at 8:30 a.m. at the Crowley Lake Park. This ride is 22 miles to the Crowley Lake Dam.
Also happening later this day…
- June Lake Theatre Festival
- Mammoth Reggae Festival
Go on a fun Mountain Bike ride with Jake Myhre. Meet up is 1 p.m. at the Earthquake Dome Parking Lot. Folks will need a bike park pass as we will be riding up the mountain.
Details from Jake “The route will start and finish at the Earthquake Dome parking area. From there it heads over onto Mammoth Mountain and up Uptown, once at Main Lodge we will hop on Beach Cruiser and follow that to Minaret Vista. After a break to check out the view we will be winding back down the Mountain View trail to the parking area. The ride offers some amazing views of the town, along with a long climb and long ride back to the cars. In total there is 1400 ft of ascent and descent, topping out at 9,400 ft. Total 12.76 miles and I expect it to take 2 hours and 30 min.”
Also happening later this day…
- Trivia night at Mammoth Brewing!
Emily Jones is hosting a Group Mountain Bike Ride. Details from Emily:
Meet at the Uptown trailhead at 3pm for an intermediate ride with plenty of climbing, technical features, and some great views! 11.5 miles with 1100 feet of elevation gain. Uptown – Paper Route – Manzanita – Gopher Trail – DowntownSCC - Group Ride w_ Emily _ Strava Route Cue Sheet
Riders – 8am at Gull Lake Park in June Lake, California.
Party Goers – Noon at Gull Lake Park. Please, RSVP attendance and any guests that will be joining you.
- June Lake Loop ride: 24.2 miles – leave park and go clockwise around June Lake Loop to 395 south. Take June Lake Loop and North Shore Drive to return to park. 1900ft gain, 1900 ft loss
- Mono Mills ride: 41.4 miles – leave park taking north shore drive to 158, then to 395. North on 395, then right on 120 to Mono Mills, return to 395 north, then take left onto 158/June Lake Loop. Continue around June Lake Loop back to Gull Lake Park (stopping at Fern Creek Lodge if you like!) ~3000ft elevation gain, 3000ft loss
- Commuter option: 22.2 miles – park at Mammoth Lakes Foundation, ride scenic loop to 395, north on 395 to June Lake turnoff, then take north shore drive to Gull Lake Park. Make sure you have a ride back to Mammoth afterwards – have your guest be your shuttle, or ride it in reverse! ~2000ft gain, ~2200ft loss one way