DSES Volunteers make outdoor recreation a fun, exciting reality for kids and adults with disabilities. Teaching adaptive lessons, supporting events and fundraisers, or helping in the office, DSES volunteers change lives. Thank you for giving your time to our students and our mission.
Volunteer Forms & Resources
The following forms must be completed before volunteering with Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra. You can download the Acrobat PDF file and print a copy to fill out or call the DSES office 760.934.0791 to have the forms mailed to you.
All volunteers are required to go through training every season. You must reserve a spot for training. Please call the office at 760.934.0791 to sign-up.
For all training days, please bring lunch (or prepare to buy from Broadway Marketplace), water, sunscreen, appropriate weather gear, and ski/snowboard equipment. Please bring your season pass if you have one or a single-use ticket will be provided for you for the day of training.
Our training days are typically scheduled as follows (subject to change):
Day 1 – Required for all NEW volunteers, the first day of training will be entirely outside and focus on assessing the skiing/snowboarding abilities of prospective volunteers. Please come dressed in your gear with your equipment in hand. Returning volunteers do not need to attend Day 1.
Day 2 – Begins with inside training of Policies & Procedures, where we will discuss the Volunteer Manual and Quiz. Please bring a hard copy of your instructor checklist to review. Please arrive in you inside attire, as we will not be getting dressed for skiing/snowboarding until after lunch. The afternoon portion will be outside developing teaching techniques.
Day 3 – Entirely outside, the last day of training will be an additional day of training teaching techniques.
- Volunteer Application On-Line Electronic Form «« Please use this form if you can.
Alternatively Volunteer Application Form – 2018-2019 PDF
- Background Screening On-Line Electronic Form – Complete these steps:
- Step 1 Enter the DSES Self registration ID number: 64411520
- Step 2 Enter your information as requested
- Step 3 Provide legal authorization and certification
It is important that you enter your full legal name as written on your birth certificate or driver’s license. Verify that your social security number and date of birth are accurate. Using nicknames or failing to type correct information may delay your screening and could incur additional fees.
- DSES Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Form PDF
- DSUSA /DSES Liability Release Form (PDF)
- 2018-2019 Winter Instructor Manual
- Online 2018-2019 Winter Instructor Quiz
- 2018-2019 Nordic Instructor Manual
- 2018-2019 Sit Ski Instructor Manual
- Online 2018-2019 Nordic Instructor Quiz
- 2018-2019 Nordic Lesson Progress Notes Online Electronic Form
- 2019 Summer Instructor Manual
- 2019 Summer Instructor Quiz
- 2019 Summer Lesson Progress Notes Online Electronic Form
Disabled Sports USA is proud to present a US Cycling endorsed, Adaptive Cycling Instructors Manual. This manual is made possible by author David Lee (Northeast Passage), The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and contributors Pat Addabbo (Adaptive Sports Center of Crested Butte), Greg Milano (BORP Adaptive Sports), Connor Inslee (Outdoors for All), Scott Moro (Ride 2 Recovery), Rob Mueller (Disabled Sports USA) and Ian Lawless (US Paralympics).
This program was funded in part by a grant from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs. The opinions, findings and conclusions states herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.